Monday, March 3, 2008

Welcome Back!

Hello everyone. Welcome to another year of FUNdraising (at least that's what they told me it is called). The 2008 Avon Walk looks to be a very exciting one indeed. It's going to be held up in the High Country this year, with the walkers going along a bike path between Breckenridge and Keystone Colorado. The altitude there is 9,000+ feet and I'm sure the views are going to be spectacular. The weather should also be fantastic in June (though it's hard to get much worse than the 99-degree days we had in Denver last year).

I chose to work as a part of the Avon Walk Crew this year rather than walk in the event. I felt that I could have a bigger impact on the event this way. Since the crew does not have the $1,800 fundraising requirement that the walkers do, I will not be making as big of a contribution financially to the Avon Foundation, but I also believe that this event is not just about the money. It's about getting people involved and about getting people talking, and if there aren't people there doing the grunt work, this event just won't happen.

But with all that said, the fundraising is still an important part of the Avon Walk. As such, I have set a personal goal of raising $500 for the Avon Foundation and their fight against breast cancer. If you're feeling randy today, you can donate right now from the right sidebar. Get over there and "Click here to support me"!

Thanks for coming back!

-------------------------------------------------------
Be inspired!


Dream as if you'll live forever; live as if you'll die tomorrow. -James Dean

No comments: